Friday, April 24, 2009

Gabby

We have a new addition to our extended family. Grandpa Freddy has adopted a 10 year old golden retriever named Gabby. Her previous owner has had her since birth, but had to find a new home for her due to a moving situation. I just can't imagine having to give up a pet that you have had almost their whole life! Luckily Grandpa Freddy wanted an older dog and it was a perfect match! She follows him everywhere and they bonded so quickly. I can't wait for her to meet Boomer and Brady! I am in love with the her white face that always occurs with older goldens.



I am so passionate and really believe in adoption for pets of all ages. Especially in today's economy, there are so many animals that are left behind because their families can no longer afford to take care of them. Adopting Brady, was probably one of the most rewarding moments that Jer and I have had together. I know he had a terrible life before he came to us, but being able to give him that second chance is so fufilling. I am so happy Grandpa Freddy is also able to feel this joy and unconditional love. Check out this website of an awesome Golden Retriever rescue here in southern CA.

No comments: