Monday, February 22, 2010

Oh stormy weather......



how I love thee.

In the five years we have lived in the desert, this has definitely been the most cold and rainy. When we lived in Orange County I would dread the wet winters. Having to battle so cal traffic on top of drenched roadways, was not my cup of tea. But now, having to live in 6 months a year of scorching heat, I truly appreciate mother nature's gift of winter! The dark, thunderous clouds, blustery winds, and downpour of water are part of a season I gladly welcome!

It won't be long before it is so hot, that ice cream melts on the way home from the grocery store. You cannot relax outside, unless you are floating in a pool. That refreshing pool then turns into bath water by the middle of August. To make the summer even more awesom, our normal $60 electric bill becomes $275. (Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?) I cringe just thinking of this season approaching. (The day Jeremy and I moved into our house, it was 126 degrees. Yes, it was miserable. Just another little fun fact.)

So until then, I will enjoy every minute of snuggling in layers, turning on the fireplace, and wearing my ugg boots! Please summer....don't come too soon!

No comments: