Thursday, August 28, 2008

A New Bed!

We got our new bed delivered last Friday night!!! It is way bigger then it looked in the furniture store, but we love it! Jeremy and I have been shopping for a headboard, footboard and rails for the past year and a half to accomodate our Cal-King Mattress. Everything we found was really expensive, (or maybe I am just to cheap). So, we headed to Mathis Brothers Furniture store in Indio. We have had a lot of luck there finding discounted furniture in their "As Is" section in the warehouse. There is a lot of floor model furniture, returns or slightly damaged items for sale. We came across this bed and couldn't believe the price........regularly $2200 marked down to $300. I asked the sales girl why it was so cheap, thinking the wood was cracked somewhere that we couldn't see. It turns out that the inventory department was supposed to order only 2 of these beds to have in stock..........they accidently ordered 12 instead!!! They have 10 of these beds to get rid of!! We went home and made some measurements, went back to the store, and made the purchase!!!!!! And, I am personally proud of it because it is the first piece of bedroom furniture I have owned that hasn't been a hand me down since I was 14!

2 comments:

Nina said...

Looks like Brady has claimed it as his own...

It looks great, btw!

Jeremy & Amber Frey said...

Thanks Nina! Both of the dogs have already claimed it as their bed! Jeremy trys to kick them off....but I always sneak them up once he is asleep. :)