Monday, August 18, 2008

A Sweet, Sweet Gift


For my birthday this year, my family and hubby are sending me to a culinary school where I am going to be taking 10 weeks of pastry/baking/dessert classes. It is at a local venue called Cooking with Class. I am extrememly excited! I absolutely love to cook......especially desserts! I actually don't start until October, but I can't wait to post about what I have learned and pictures of my creations. The chef who is going to be my instructor was also the designer of my wedding cake!!

It's been a long time since I have participated in this hobby of mine outside of just cooking for my family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. Who knows......I just may have to apply to be on the next season of TOP CHEF!...........well that is taking this a little too far.......but I can dream can't I?

2 comments:

Nina said...

That is so awesome! I've always wanted to do that, too. You would think that since I worked in Williams-Sonoma all throughout college and gradschool I would have had a formal cooking class, but no. You'll have to let us know how it goes and what super yummy things you can make!

Kelly said...

Amber that is so awesome!!! I love cooking! Hope you have fun!!!